- Beats the bloat – I seem to retain water easily, even when I am getting more than enough to stay fully hydrated. Nothing is better for bloat than regular exercise. In fact, a recent article in Women’s Health Magazine said that 30 minutes of daily exercise along with an adequate intake of water is the easiest way to keep bloating at bay. This is reason enough to love to exercise!
- Pain Reliever – When I have a killer headache or cramps, the logical thing would be to rest until it goes away. However, I know that if I just power through the pain and start my workout, exercise will act as a natural pain reliever.
- Boosts My Immune System – Since I started regularly exercising over a year ago, I can tell a huge difference in my body’s ability to ward off a cold. I used to get a few colds a year. Now they will start up for one day and then be gone before they really have any effect on me.
- Sleep – I love a good night’s sleep and nothing makes that happen better than exercise. I’m serious; I get at least 8.5 hours a night. I love sleep.
- Sweat – Next to sleeping well, sweating is one of my favorite things. I know that technically sweat is not really an indicator of a good and effective workout, but it sure feels like it! I love exercise that leaves me dripping buckets. Kind of gross, but oh so nice.
- Control over my body – My body responds really well to exercise. It took me over 23 years to realize that I am an athlete! It turns out that the extra poundage I carried for so long was really unnatural for my body; the weight just fell off as soon as I really started to exercise regularly. Exercise is the easiest way for me to keep my body and my health in check.
- Makes me eat Healthier – When you work out hard, you want your effort to pay off. Exercising and eating well go hand in hand. Sure they can be done separately but they have the greatest effect when they are both incorporated into a healthy lifestyle. After I get done with a really good workout, I want to put something naturally refreshing into my body. I crave vegetables and fruit (not processed junk). Exercising is a really easy way to keep my eating in check.
- Makes me feel sexy – I’m sure this is a combination of all of the other things I love about exercise. When I exercise regularly I am well rested, well fed, and generally feeling great. This all contributes to a boost in my mood and when I am happier and more relaxed I tend to feel really good about myself. I feel my sexiest not when dressed up with hair and make-up, but when I am sweaty and glowing from the exertion of a tough workout. Sexy to me is being able to push past boundaries you have for yourself and really achieve your goals.
- I really like being in shape – for most of my life I was a sedentary person. If you lead or have led this type of life you know that it really isn’t that fun. Being in shape lets me get out and do things that I love, like hiking and camping. Sure you can do those things even if you aren’t in shape, but they are so much more enjoyable when you are! I have really grown to love my physicality and the fact that I can do what I want now without having to worry that I will embarrass myself.
- Exercise makes me happy – It’s as simple as that. I enjoy doing things that make me happy. Exercise keeps my mood and self-esteem soaring. It also acts as cheap therapy on days where I am feeling blue. The harder I push myself, the more I can feel all the negative junk in my life disappear.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I am going to print this list off and hang it up so I can see it at 6:30a.m. when my alarm goes off and I just want to sleep in instead of get up for my workout!