We have successfully completed 2 weeks of Bootcamp (6 sessions)! The workouts are circuit based with lots of sprints, drills, and interval cardio. I am proud to say that Noel has lost 4 pounds! I have not lost any weight but I do feel that I am getting a lot firmer (and my arms are looking great! I have been showing off my “guns” to everyone). We had a new member join us this morning; I am looking forward to working out more with Nicole, whose goal is to slim down a bit by the 4th of July.
I love to set goals for myself. I think goals are very important and I like to have something to work towards and something to be proud of once it is accomplished. For instance, my goal for the first two weeks of Bootcamp was to simply do it every time!! That may not sound like much, but believe me it can be tough to drag your butt out of bed at 5:30a.m. to work out before work or to get up early on the weekend to work out. I am glad to say that I successfully completed this goal. My goal for the next two weeks of Bootcamp is to really push myself to the limit; I want to be strong!
I also make monthly and sometimes weekly goals to help keep myself on track. I made a list of goals for the month of June and it is time to check in on my progress:
- Manage my finances better (this is a BIG goal for June as May was very ugly spending-wise. I want to quit mindless spending both on groceries and random stuff. I also want to spend $250 less overall this month than I did in May).
- Meal plan adequately so I only grocery shop once per week.
- Eat out only once per week (possibly the toughest goal!)
- Commit to Bootcamp.
- Be in control of my body both with workouts and eating habits.
- Eat more raw foods.
- Drastically cut out added sugars and get my sweets from fresh and dried fruits.
- Blog at least 3 times per week.
I am VERY HAPPY to report that I am doing excellent on all of my goals. It is amazing how sometimes your wants and your motivation just click and things become easy. The only goal that I have not met completely is Goal #3, as I ate out twice last week, but my overall spending and grocery spending are way down so I am still doing well. Success is such a great feeling; now to keep dedicated through the remainder of June!
What are some of your goals, big or small?? And what do you do on a daily basis to reach your goals?? Even the smallest victories are worth celebrating!
Today’s Eats – I try to be very protein conscience on days when I have a tough workout. Also on days when I work out first thing I tend to be VERY hungry so I will probably add to this list as the day goes.
- Pre-Workout- small honeydew slushie
- Recovery/Breakfast – green monster (raspberries, banana, spinach, almond milk, raw protein powder)
- Lunch –Curried Lentil Soup with a toasted English muffin
- Snacks – rice cake with 1 tbsp peanut butter and sliced banana; green juice; green apple
- Dinner – Guacamole soup with black beans and onions (feel free to be very jealous!! will post recipe if it is as amazing as I think it will be)
I will post our Bootcamp workout routine later in the week. Remember- any time is a good time to sit down and really think about what you want for your life. I urge you to write down a few goals today!