I am beyond thrilled that it is Friday afternoon. This week has exhausted me physically, mentally, and emotionally. There was a lot going on! Fortunately today is going a lot more smoothly than last Friday (the infamous computer crash from which I am still rebounding). I was up bright and early (5:30a.m.) for bootcamp and got to the park a little early for a quick jog before we started the circuit portion of the workout. I am really feeling that all of my hard effort with my workouts the past few weeks is paying off! The core work we have been doing is phenomenal and my waistline is definitely slimming down and firming up!
This week’s bootcamp routine:
- jumping lunges
- bicep & hammer curls
- in & out squats
- “booty” leg lifts with cross
- tricep raises
- pilates standing leg lifts
- shoulder presses
- jumping jacks
- Whittle My Middle – planks, side planks, torso twists, boat pose, bicycle crunches, and toe taps
- Pre workout – honeydew slushie
- Post workout/Breakfast – green juice & green monster (almond milk, banana, spinach, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, and carob)
- Lunch – Curried lentil soup and toasted English muffin (again!)
- Snacks – rice cake with peanut butter and sliced apple; veggies and hummus; another green juice
- Dinner – black bean burger, baked sweet potato, and fresh fruit
- Dessert – carob milkshake (yep, sometimes I even pre-plan my desserts! no guilt here)
What a pretty dinner!
Blend together 1 cup almond milk, 1 tablespoon carob powder, 1 packet of stevia (optional), and 1/2 really ripe frozen banana.
I can’t wait to relax on my patio and enjoy an ice cold milkshake tonight!! I won’t have too much downtime this weekend because I am going on a hike tomorrow and starting my Half Marathon training on Monday! I will post up my training plan soon. I hope everyone else gets to really enjoy themselves this weekend.