With Week 1 of August down, I figured I would check back in with my goals to see where I stand. Since most of my goals are of a physical nature, I decided to track my workouts all week.
- Haven’t had 1 diet soda!
- Sticking to fruit sugars, not processed treats with added sugars
- trying to drink more water
- Am sticking to my half-marathon training! I completed every training workout scheduled this week
- I have done an ab routine almost every day (Friday was a long day and by the time I got home after midnight I had completely forgotten about it)
- I have done yoga every day (in keeping with the 21 day challenge)
- Definitely doing well on higher raw. If you haven’t noticed by the amount of raw smoothies I have been posting!
- Didn’t climb a 14er this weekend but it is happening this week.
I am absolutely thrilled with the direction this month is going! 16 miles is the most I have run in one week ever. Completing all of my training workouts and really sticking to my goals is increasing my confidence every day; it is a wonderful feeling to accomplish what you have set out to do! Because I am in such a great mood and because it is Monday, I decided to make a wonderfully flavored and bright smoothie to kick off the week. And yes, I am on a fruity/mango smoothie kick this week…first the strawberry-mango sorbet and then the blueberry-mango smoothie and now this! But you can’t go wrong with a sure thing.
Mango-Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie
- Frozen Mango
- Frozen Strawberry
- Juice of 1 orange or grapefruit
- Handfuls of spinach and kale
- 1 stalk celery (wonderful natural source of dietary sodium)
- Hemp seeds
- 1 tsp spirulina
- Additional water, as needed.
Let the mango sit out a few minutes to soften up. Blend all ingredients together. If you want to make your smoothie cool looking like the one below (haha), blend the fruit and juice first and set aside a bit of it. Then add the other ingredients to the blender. Layer the green on bottom and top with pretty colored blend.
Happy Monday to everyone and I hope you have a positive and successful week.