Morning all! I took a break from the blog world yesterday to relax and enjoy my holiday weekend. My husband and I caught a Rockies game and spent some time walking around downtown. It was a simple and nice day.
It was back to the grindstone bright and early this morning for a bootcamp workout in the park. I am sad to say that we probably won’t have many more of these because it is staying dark later. 😦
Full Body Bootcamp
I used the 12lb weights for this routine, mainly because I didn’t want to lug my 20s to the park!
- Walking Lunges (100)
- Midway bicep curls (15 each)
- V-up crunches (60 seconds)
- Mountain climbers (50)
- Leg extensions (30 each leg)
- Pushups (30)
- Planks and side planks (60 seconds each)
- Fire hydrant leg raises- think about it! (20 each side)
- Shoulder presses (20)
- Side to side oblique toe taps (60 seconds)
- Jumping squats (50)
- Tricep kickbacks (20 each)
- Scossor split reaches (60 seconds)
Below is a perfect post-workout smoothie recipe that is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It is inspired by Choosing Raw.
Chocolate – Zucchini Recovery Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- large handful of fresh spinach
- 1 scoop raw chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 to 1 small frozen banana
Blend first 3 ingredients in blender until smooth. Add banana and blend until creamy. I stirred in some chocolate buckwheat crispies (a raw treat) but granola or oats would work as well. I promise chocolate and zucchini go well together! This is a perfect way to start your day on a sweet note while sneaking in some veggies too.
Stay tuned tomorrow for another post in the “One Meal, Two Ways” Series!