The other night for dinner, my hubby and I agreed on something easy to prepare for both our tastes: Spaghetti! My husband enjoyed a traditional plate of spaghetti with meat sauce while I put a quick and delicious twist on mine. I hesitate to even show this as some special meal, because I use store bought tomato sauce so there really isn’t much cooking involved! Sure, I have my own tomato sauce recipes, but something about the taste of Prego gets me every time. Plus sometimes when feeding two people with such different eating styles, quick and easy is the name of the game. Feel free to use your sauce of choice or even make your own sauce (I will post my homemade version in the future).
- Boil spaghetti of choice
- prepare tomato sauce
- 1 serving of spaghetti
- 1 zucchini spiralized (this adds bulk to the pasta while only adding about 20 extra calories!)**
- Place 1/4 cup or so of chickpeas in the food processor and run until smooth
- Add processed chickpeas, nutritional yeast (about 2 tablespoons), and red pepper to desired amount of sauce and heat through
- probably closer to 2 servings of spaghetti!
- saute ground beef with garlic powder and italian seasonings
- pour sauce over beef and heat through
- served with garlic bread