One of my hub’s and my favorite ways to eat pizza is french-bread style! This is a simple meal that can be thrown together in minutes. You can use any combination of toppings that you enjoy on traditional pizza.
- Slice lengthwise and pre-toast bread (so the middle doesn’t get too soggy)
- Try not to eat all of the delicious smelling bread beforehand – I found this extremely difficult
- Dice up veggies (we used bell pepper, tomato, & onion)
- Make tomato sauce, if not using jarred version (guilty)
- Bread topped with tomato sauce and thinly sliced veggies and slathered with vegan cheese sauce post baking (minus the rotel and Mexican seasonings; add garlic & onion powders and italian seasoning)
- Side spinach salad
- Bread topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, veggies, and pepperoni. If you like crisp veggies on your pizza then put them on top of the cheese, otherwise they will get soggy.
So good! I can’t wait for my leftovers later. What are some of your favorite pizza toppings?