This is another recipe that follows my recent goals of going back to the basics of vegan eating. For me this includes whole grains (preferable gluten-free), lots of veggies, more beans and legumes, and just plain good whole foods meals. Thanks to Marguerite for the inspiration…
Veggie Coconut Curry (makes 2-3 servings)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large handful snap peas
- 1/2 small can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup edamame, shelled
- 2-3tbsp curry paste
- 2/3 lite coconut milk
- Cooked brown rice
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet. Add veggies and cook over medium-low to medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add edamame, desired amount of curry paste to skillet, coconut milk, and mix until combined. Let this cook over medium-low until a creamy, thick consistency appears.
- Serve over cooked rice. Top with scallions, if desired.