This soup is one of my signature meals. I’m not sure when I started making it or why, but it’s something I always come back to as a surefire favorite. It is the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold, fall day. And I always make it if one of us is feeling sick because it is filled with goodness from vegetables and broth. Not to mention that it is so easy to make! I made this on Sunday after my race and have been enjoying it every day since.
- Cook rice
- Toast crunchy French bread
- Make Soup
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 red and 1 green), cored, seeded and chopped (I like these bigger)
- 1 onion, chopped (again, I prefer bigger onion pieces)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped up into bite sized pieces
- 2 quarts veggie stock
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Place all veggies in a big pot and cover with stock. Bring to a boil and turn to low. Let simmer for 30ish minutes or until desired veggie consistency is reached. I like my veggies with some bite left to them). Place desired amount of rice in bowl and ladle soup and broth over it.
- Veggie soup with brown rice (in my leftovers I added chickpeas, yum)
- crusty french
- Veggie soup with white rice and chicken
- lots and lots of crusty french