This is hands down my favorite vegan meal I have ever made. I don’t even know how it came about, but I know it was one of the first meals I created after I switched to a plant-based diet. The flavors and textures mix so perfectly, I could eat it every day. The sweetness of the potato offsets the hotness of the black bean mixture and jalapenos, while the coolness and creaminess of the guacamole is the perfect topping. The meal is extremely easy to make; I always keep black beans and corn in the freezer ready to heat. Of course canned beans work just as well, just remember to rinse and drain. If you are really in a pinch for time you can chop the ends off of the potato and microwave it for about 10 minutes, stopping to turn it over halfway through (baked sweet potatoes are just so much better if you have the time!).
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Sweet potato or yam
- 1/2 to 1 full cup of black beans
- 1/4 corn
- 1 tomato, diced
- Spoonful of green chili or salsa
- seasonings: chili powder, paprika, cumin
- sliced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake sweet potato until tender (about 45 min)
- Combine beans, corn, tomato, sauce, and seasonings. Either heat on the stove or microwave until hot.
- Prepare guacamole
- Once a little cool, slice open sweet potato. Pile on bean mixture and top with guacamole and jalapeno. Enjoy!