If you like Greeña Coladas….
….and getting caught in the
We just got back from a ski trip in New Mexico. It was my first time skiing and after getting used to it, I love it!! Wow skiing is tough work…after 3 straight days of it I am worn out and after spending a few days on the slopes, I’m dreaming of the beach. This is a little smoothie recipe to help you get a taste of summertime and warmer weather, plus it’s a great way to get in a ton of greens (something I need after a vacation!). Will be back to blogging regularly this week…I have missed it!
Greeña Colada Protein Smoothie:
- 1.5 cups cold water
- 2 large handfuls of greens (really large handfuls! I used spinach and kale)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop plain, vanilla, or tropical flavored protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla, it’s raw+vegan)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- Shredded coconut for garnish, if desired
Blend all ingredients. For more oomph, add 1/2 frozen banana. Top with coconut, if desired.