It’s new recipe time!! Things have been crazy busy both at work and at home lately (family dinners, tattoo parties, and tea parties!). Unfortunately I don’t get to lay around all day and snuggle….
…so blog posting has been a bit all over the map lately! I haven’t even been able to catch up on my favorite blogs since last week. I didn’t realize how much a part of my day blogs are because I’m starting to feel so left behind!! I am also definitely behind on recipe posting. This is a recipe I actually made during our Crazy Clean Out 2012 – in fact I think I made 4 or 5 recipes that weekend but have only shared a couple with you. Time to get it in gear! Much like the burrito and sushi bowls, this bowl is more of an idea than a strict recipe. It’s meant to act as inspiration for a healthy, whole foods, vegan meal; simply throw in whatever veggies, beans, or grains you prefer.
BBQ Bean and Grain Bowl
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh green beans
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 can pinto beans
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Cooked brown rice Spinach, if desired
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare your veggies. Heat up a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil, and saute onions on medium-high heat until slightly browned and crispy.
- Once onions are cooked add remaining vegetables and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup BBQ sauce with 1/4 cup water. Add sauce and beans to the skillet. Continue cooking until mixture has thickened.
- Serve veggie mix over brown rice and spinach (and an additional drizzle of BBQ sauce, if desired!).
I hope you enjoy this tasty BBQ treat. I will be back tomorrow with February Goals!!