Happy Valentines Lovers!
No exciting and romantic plans here today. We spend every day loving each other and don’t need a special day to truly express our feelings (I know, gag!). Our plans tonight are the same as every other Tuesday…dinner & half-priced movie night with the in-laws. Tonight is Red Tails – so romantic right? We did go see Big Miracle last week so it’s time for an action movie. I wasn’t planning on doing a romantic post today, but this morning I stumbled upon a fun little questionnaire on Best Body Fitness that I thought I’d steal! Here is everything you’d ever want to know and then some about my husband…
1. How long have you been together? I would say about 5 years but we never “officially” started dating we just were together one day so there isn’t really a starting point to gauge.
2. How did you meet? Steven and I met on the Canadian border in Minnesota. He is from Colorado and I am from Arkansas…turns out we each had to travel a thousand miles out-of-the-way to meet each other! Steven was already there at a lodge working a resort job (he has had quite a few of these) and I went up there on a lark after I decided I needed a semester off from school (had no idea what I wanted to study and was wasting money on random classes). I applied to various resort jobs around the country and said I would go to wherever called me back first. As fate would have it, that was Gunflint Lodge. We were housemates, then friends, then we were together. We have survived a separation while my hubby worked in Alaska, 6 months of military training, and 1 deployment to Afghanistan. We are pretty good at the long-distance thing!
3. Are you married, if so for how long? We have been married a year and almost 4 months (although he was in Afghanistan for 7 of those months!)
4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding? We got married in my home state of Arkansas. The wedding was held out on my dad’s wife’s farm in the country. It was perfectly us. I would say it was on the smaller side…lots of close friends and family.
5. Do you have any nicknames for each other? I call him “babe” or “lova” and he usually calls me “devil woman”
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He makes me laugh so hard and also makes me feel like I’m pretty funny. He is always supportive of my crazy ideas and dreams. And he makes me feel very safe.
7. How did he propose? Steven proposed to me at the Parade of Lights in Downtown Denver around Christmastime. It was beautiful with all of the lighted floats passing us. It was also a very quiet proposal…the friends we were with didn’t even know it happened until we got home that night!!
8. Tell us one thing you’d like to do together one day if you could do anything or go anywhere? We would both love to do a big backpacking trip in Glacier National Park or Alaska or perhaps somewhere abroad together one day. We would also like to travel to Europe together (me Italy, him Germany)
9. Give us one piece of advice on keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Always try to make the other person happy. Seeing him smile or laugh makes me smile and laugh too!
10. Show us a picture of what love means to you. Laughter and happiness of course!
If you still need an ideas for a romantic dinner or dessert, check out Mama Pea’s Post today. Happy Valentine’s Day!