Well folks, my daydreaming will have to be just that – another amazing opportunity has just presented itself so we will not be able to go on a dream vacation this spring. I can’t talk about what’s happening just yet, but I promise I will tell you as soon as I can.
Since I can’t sit on a warm beach and smell the salty air…I will have to sit on my cold balcony and smell the snowy air. But, I will do so with a bowl of these tropical oats and maybe – just maybe – if I close my eyes tight enough and dream a little dream, I can pretend I made it to paradise.
Tasty Tropical Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Drop vanilla extract (vanilla beans would be soooo good in this!)
- Stevia, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Shredded coconut and sliced almonds** for garnishing
- Combine oats, liquid, oil, extract, and stevia (if using) in a pot over medium heat. Stir to mix well.
- Continue stirring as oats cook and get thick. Once thickened, add in pineapple and banana. Stir and heat through.
- Serve oats topped with shredded coconut and sliced almonds. Add a splash of additional almond milk, optional.
**chopped macadamia nuts would make this a true tropical treat!! I’m just not a fan so I used almonds instead