Last weekend, when I was deep in my kitchen/Instagram projects, I decided to make a raw snack to help keep me satisfied throughout the week and I am quite pleased with the result! These powerballs have a rich flavor while being completely satisfying; just 1 or 2 is a perfect pre-workout snack and they are great fuel for long hikes as well.
Even kitties love powerballs
Raw Cacao Powerballs
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 heaping tablespoon cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp cacao or carob nibs (optional)
- Shredded coconut
- Wet almonds (this seems to help it stick better)
- Place almonds and dates in a food processor, run until the mixture starts to break down.
- Add cacao powder and cinnamon to the mix and run until the mixture is finely processed.
- Add nibs and pulse to combine
- Roll mixture into small balls with hands. Roll balls in shredded coconut. Makes about 20 powerballs (you could also make them in bar form)
I have plenty of powerball plans in my future: apple-cinnamon, banana-walnut, chocolate-chia and many more! Powerballs are an easy, no-bake way to get some wholesome goodness in your day.
What flavor combinations would you like to see??