This is the first new workout I’ve posted in a long while. I haven’t really been sharing new workouts lately because I’ve been getting my routine inspiration from other places like Best Body Bootcamp, For the GLOW, and Tone It Up.
For example, today I did an amazingly sweaty Epic Cardio routine from For the GLOW as part of her Body Transformation Technique. It involved a 10 minute warm-up, 3 rounds on the elliptical, 1 round on the treadmill, and 10 minutes of treadmill sprints (1 min run at 9.0 followed by 1 minute walk at 4.0 with 6% incline). I was pouring sweat at the end and felt strong/confident/sexy…all before 8:30am!
However, I do want to share a short little ditty that I created last week. I love timed/interval routines for when I’m feeling a bit uninspired….having a rigid schedule to stick to helps me focus and get it over with! This routine is for days when you are short on time or energy: just give it your all for 50 seconds at a time.
20 minute Workout
Complete each move at full intensity for 50 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat the set once for an 18 minute circuit workout.
- Lunges w/ bicep curls
- Plank jacks
- Squats w/ shoulder press
- V-up crunches
- Tricep raises with side leg raise
- Low jacks
- Side plank with scoop
- Side plank with scoop on other side
- Alternating pushup to row
Follow up with a plank for as long as you can hold it (I’m still at 2 minutes)
And now for today’s eats…things started off a little shaky but I ended the day on a seriously delicious grill note…it’s summertime baby!
First thing (as always)
Meta-d drink – this time I tried it before my workout. It was a nice way to wake myself up but I do prefer to drink it after a workout when I am a hot & sweaty mess. I finally bought more pineapple juice so I’m looking forward to a fruity metabolism revver tomorrow
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie – this was a disappointment! Usually this smoothie is my absolute favorite but today it was kinda nasty. I didn’t have spinach so I used a mix of sprouts and micro-greens that tasted…well, sprout-y (dirty). I was also trying to be quiet as my hubby was still sleeping so I didn’t add any ice and used a fresh banana instead of frozen….it was lukewarm!! Gross
- In order to get the stanky taste out of my mouth….and because I needed a caffeine boost…I tried to make a “mocha latte” Is this even a real thing? I don’t know much about coffee, but basically I just had a cup of coffee with some frothy chocolate flavored almond milk. It wasn’t as epic as I hoped it would be, regular almond milk tastes the same to me.
- Finally a winner! I had a bowl of raw cacao-buckwheat granola with sliced strawberries, almond milk, and a sprinkling of coconut. SO GOOD.
- Hey…it’s that kale salad again, topped with some melt-in-your-mouth avocado. This is the salad that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends (bonus points for naming that song!)
- You would probably be grossed out to know how long I eat my leftovers for….
Refreshing citrus Kombucha
- Grilled BBQ tofu with mango salsa (on recipe page)
- Grilled veggies (in a brand new veggie basket we got today): asparagus, onion, bell pepper. Grilled corn
- 1/2 baked sweet potato with Earth Balance
I have a weird idea for the other half of this sweet potato…if it works I will share with you tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening.
Have you grilled anything amazing yet this summer?