Today is one of those days where I have a million random things to say rather than one cohesive post. But it’s Friday and that’s just how it goes!
Let the randomness begin:
- I started out the day thinking I would track my eats for a “Daily Eats” post but completely forgot to take a picture of anything but breakfast. How do those bloggers who take pictures of everything everyday do it? Props to them!! Today’s breakfast was strawberry/banana/walnut overnight oats. I left out the chia and had to use chocolate almond milk because it’s all I had on hand. It was surprisingly simple and refreshing. (1/3 cup oats, 1 sliced banana, handful sliced strawberries, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, and 3/4 cup chocolate almond milk all mixed up and stored in the fridge overnight)
You don’t need chia seeds for great overnight oats
- My husband is in the middle of a 2 month stretch of night shifts (6pm-6am) which means he sleeps all day while I’m at home working. For the past 5 weeks I have been tiptoeing around and being as quiet as possible; it’s a pain really. Yesterday morning, our landlords had a cleaning lady come and I swear all she did was drag their furniture across the wood floors upstairs for 3 straight hours. It was so loud I was hoping it wouldn’t wake Steven up but it turns out he never heard it once. All this time I have been creeping around the house for nothing! This newfound freedom makes me super happy – I still don’t think I will be having Vita-mix parties anytime soon – but it’s good to know I don’t need to censor myself anymore.
He would die if he knew I shared this pic (good thing he doesn’t read MHH!)
- I can’t believe I forgot to share this strawberry oatmeal with you! It’s the perfect breakfast when you’re looking to indulge a bit without actually eating cake for breakfast (although that’s not so bad, right?). I cooked the oatmeal with a mix of water & almond milk and then stirred in diced strawberries and topped it all with chocolate chips, almonds, and coconut whipped cream. HELLO happiness!!
- Sampson is being ridiculously needy lately. He follows me everywhere and forces me to snuggle with him. I’m not really complaining because sweet kitties are the best thing ever, but it’s getting a bit ridiculous. He watches me like a hawk and the second I sit or lie down he is all up in my face purring and wanting to take a 3 hour nap.
Can’t really say no to snuggling with him
- I have talked about them before, but I just want to remind you that if you are looking for fun workouts check out Tone It Up! They post a few new workouts a week on their blog for free. The workouts look easy but I promise you, every time I do them I end up a sweaty mess. These girls (and the whole Tone It Up community) are so positive and energetic about living a healthy lifestyle that they make it fun and exciting. They just put up a “She Sells Seashells By The Seashore” workout that I’m excited to try (everything is beach themed right now!).
Sign up for their newsletter to receive free workouts in your email
- I can’t believe American Idol last night! I thought for sure Joshua and Phillip would be in the finale together. I think Jessica did too…did you see how surprised she was to find out she made it? I think we all know that Phillip Phillips is going to win though – he is something else!
It’s a no brainer
- One of my favorite work duties is printing and mailing invoices. It’s such a simple and mundane task but I think I like the routine of it. I like to organize/print/file/create envelopes etc. I also enjoy doing it because it gives me an excuse to make the mile round-trip walk to the mailbox. I get a little bit of fresh air, sunshine, and exercise right in the middle of the day.
Although there was not much sunshine today
- Tomorrow is the farmers market downtown. I went last week and was disappointed to find only one stand with veggies (there was also a raw/vegan stand with treats, micro-greens, and a bike powered smoothie menu!). The beef stands outnumbered vegetable stands 10 to 1!! I guess that is to be expected considering where we live. Hopefully the veggie choices get better as the summer progresses. It makes me wonder if there is even a point in going until at least the end of June.
The one good find from last week – locally made Kombucha
I think that about sums up my randomness for the day. Do you ever have days were you are just all over the place? Hope everyone has exciting weekend plans!