Today’s affirmation: I accept the love I think I deserve. How true!
Because I do think I deserve much love, I woke up early for one of my most favorite things today: a beautiful, long walk in nature. My booty is definitely sore from yesterday’s workout so I decided not to run. I did spend about an hour and a half walking around in the woods and sitting by the river though…much love to myself!
Another way I show myself love is by fueling my body right. This breakfast definitely provides the fuel I need for a wonderful day – complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plant-based protein (plus natural sweetness). It takes a little forethought because it does have to be made the night before, but it took less than 10 minutes to get everything prepped and I think we can all spare just 10 minutes, right?
Chia-Berry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet stevia (or agave, maple syrup, etc), optional
- 1/3 cup oats (heaping)
- 2/3 almond milk
- A few walnuts chopped (about 2 tbsp)
I used this no sugar added berry medley
For the sauce
- Combine berries, chia seeds, water, and stevia in a pot. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer stirring frequently until the mixture has thickened (it only takes a couple of minutes and will thicken more overnight). Place in tupperware and store in the fridge overnight.
For the oats
- Combine oats, almond milk, and walnuts in a bowl and store in the fridge overnight
In the morning
- Top the oats with the chilled berry sauce and enjoy! I sprinkled mine with coconut (of course) and cacao nibs for some extra crunch.
This sauce would also be great served hot over cooked oats and I like to use it as a pancake topping. I’m going to try it with frozen peaches next so stay tuned!