Fall has officially arrived in southern Colorado.
The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, and I’m starting to get cravings for my favorite fall flavors. I can’t wait to start eating my body weight in squash, soups, chili, and pumpkin pie.
This weekend I made a quick and easy spin on one of my favorite snacks – chia pudding. I decided to make it seasonally flavored but didn’t feel like going to the store – this meant no pumpkin pie filling from a can! Instead I used carrot and apple to create a delicious pumpkin-pie flavored pudding.
Seasonal Chia Pudding (makes 2 servings)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- A few shakes of pumpkin pie seasoning (alternatively you can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc…)
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- Throw all ingredients save chia seeds in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Stir chia seeds with blended mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Enjoy….chia pudding really is that simple!
Thanks to the pumpkin pie seasoning blend, this dish really did taste like pumpkin pie pudding. You can always use 1/4 cup pumpkin puree mixed with almond milk or even blend 1/2 of a baked, chilled sweet potato…make it easy with whatever you have on hand!
Like this flavor combo? Also check out:
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Hot Pumpkin Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Protein Smoothie
- 5 Ingredient Squash Soup