What do you do when you have a craving for a gigantic bowl of guacamole but also want to eat a salad? Combine them, of course!! The craving struck hard on Monday and I knew right away that I would just use guacamole as a dressing so I could have the best of both worlds.
This salad is a nutritional powerhouse featuring kale, avocado, hempseeds, and nutritional yeast. The veggie topping choices are up to you but I just think bell pepper, onion, and tomato go with guacamole so well. Cilantro would be a great addition too, but I didn’t have any on hand.
I like this salad so much that I had it for dinner on Monday and Tuesday and then again for lunch on Wednesday! The whole thing took less than 10 minutes to make and the hardest part was not eating all of the guacamole before I dressed the salad. I know I probably say this about every recipe I post, but I highly recommend making this asap.
Guacamole Kale Salad (makes 2 delicious servings)
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Garlic Powder + Salt
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- A few leaves of romaine, shredded
- Large handful of grape tomatoes, diced
- Nutritional yeast and hempseeds for topping, optional
- De-stem and shred kale, put aside in mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl smash the avocado with the lemon juice, a few shakes of garlic powder, and salt.
- Pour guacamole over kale and massage in until the kale starts to break down and soften.
- Top with veggies of choice and stir. Add a sprinkling of nutritional yeast and hempseeds, if desired. Serve.
smush the guac
plop it on the prepped kale
massage the avocado into the kale
make sure everything is well coated, notice how the kale has softened a bit
prep your veggies
yell at your cat to get his ass off the counter where you prepare food
realize cat does not care about you or any food-borne illnesses
Add additional toppings and enjoy!
I am so glad to have found a new kale salad flavor to add into the rotation. If you have questions on how to prep kale see this vlog.
What is your favorite type of kale salad??