We’re back home!! It always feels a little weird right at first – things don’t look right for some reason. But then with a little cleaning and relaxing, everything is once again right with the world.
I managed to write 3 articles, complete 2 homework assignments, and ace 1 test today…plus I laid around for a while with some snuggly little kitties (I’m worried I will get no sleep tonight in between cuddles).
Anyhoo, I’m here to share my meal plan/guide for the week. I mentioned yesterday that I want to do a “mini-cleanse” this week and I am excited to feel better!! First of all, I want to clear up/explain why I’m doing it. I don’t mean to say that splurging on the holidays is bad or that I gorged myself for 4 days. I was away from my own kitchen and didn’t eat as well as normal. I did enjoy 2 thanksgiving dinners and some pie but I don’t think that’s anything to worry about.
I’m simply not feeling as well as I know I could so I’m going to fix that this week (lack of sleep and exercise also played a part). I even feel like I’m coming down with a cold which never happens to me – EmergenC to the rescue!
My meal guide for the week includes the following:
- Juice – I had been avoiding home-pressed green juice with the excuse that it was too complicated and messy but I made some last week and it’s really not (of course) and it’s also delicious. I’m craving it! Going to have kale lemonade this week
- Breakfasts – juices followed by green smoothies all week long. I’m going to have 2 from Kris Carr’s new cookbook Crazy Sexy Kitchen and one of my favorites. AJ’s Power Smoothie, Chai Latte Protein Smoothie, and Strawberry-Lemon-Ginger Smoothie. All with greens added in, of course.
- Lunches – Leftover stuffed squash (tonight’s dinner), Guacamole Kale Salad, Black Bean Soup, and salad with sweet potato
- Dinner – Guacamole Kale Salad, Superfood Kaleslaw with nori sheets, and salad with sweet potato, also may supplement with green juice
- Snacks – fresh fruit or veggies with hummus (I have some leftover from our office potluck last week)
- All supplemented with lots of H2O – some of it infused with lemon and ginger to aid in digestion. I may get some Kombucha as well and I’m not sure if I’m going to be drinking coffee or not – we’ll see how I feel
- Workouts – Spin classes (great interval workout that makes me sweat it out), full body strength workouts, HIIT runs on the treadmill, yoga, and maybe a new-to-me class called Sport Pump
Other activities that can aid in cleansing include rebounding, oil pulling, dry brushing, Epsom salt baths, and plenty of rest. I will be partaking in all of these!
As you can see, it’s really not a “cleanse” at all…just me eating lots of juice, smoothies, greens, and veggies. All delicious and healthy foods to get me back to normal. Plus I plan to hit the gym with gusto and take a sauna or two to help with my skin. Maybe I’ll even splurge and get a massage this weekend!
I started things off this morning with some juices on the car ride home plus a delicious home cooked dinner of stuffed squash, cous cous, and tomatoes.
After a solid night of sleep tonight I hope to feel right as rain. I will keep track of all my eats throughout the week and do a “cleanse” recap this weekend to let you know what worked, what didn’t, and what I plan to do next.
How is everyone else feeling today? I hope you’re much more rested than I am…speaking of, it’s time to go hit the hay. It may only be 9pm, but I’m plum wore out. Have a great Monday everyone!