- Corn tortillas (I used 2 of the small, thin variety)
- Tofu scramble, seasoned with cumin, paprika and chili powder **
- Green onions
- Jalapeno (I dice up jarred jalapeno)
- Lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake corn tortillas until crispy, about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook up tofu scramble. I added red onion and grape tomatoes to this batch.
- To serve, layer on tortillas: tofu, salsa, green onion, jalapeno and top with shredded lettuce. Eat by hand.
**If you’re not a tofu fan, you could also use canned refried beans (just make sure to by vegetarian to avoid added pork fat) or even whole beans that you smash and season yourself.
I used about 1/3 block of tofu with 2 tortillas and estimated this huge, filling dinner to be less than 300 calories!! This is a perfect example of a whole foods, plant-based meal I was talking about yesterday – so beautiful, nutritious and not to mention inexpensive and easy to make!! I see these becoming a regular in my dinner rotation.