- 1/3 block tofu, pressed (see this post) and diced
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 tbsp. mustard, I used a grainy garlic version (I wouldn’t recommend using the commercial yellow kind)
- 2 tbsp. water
- Heat a skillet on medium-high and grease the pan (you can use olive oil or a PAM like spray).
- Sauté tofu on one side for about 4-5 minutes and flip. Sauté the other side until crispy and browned.
- Whisk miso, mustard and water together.
- Take skillet off heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes to cool. Pour on miso-mustard sauce and coat tofu, the sauce will thicken a bit. You don’t want to add the sauce when the pan is too hot or it will all evaporate! I prefer my tofu to be extra saucy.
I served the tofu with smashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. This whole meal came together in 30 minutes with these easy prep steps:
- Wash and dice new potatoes into smaller pieces (so they cook faster). Put in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Slice and press tofu, let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wash and chop broccoli. Start steaming.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for about 20 minutes, start cooking tofu.
- While tofu is in the sauce, drain potatoes and smash together with a splash of almond milk, some vegan butter, green onions and salt/pepper.
Plate & serve.
After indulging yesterday, I could use a wholesome, home-cooked meal like this tonight!