Earlier this month I posted about how I wanted to get “back-to-basics” with my eating this month. I’ve managed to do just that – kind of. We had company come so there was quite a bit of eating out but I tried to balance it with lighter homemade fare as well (although I did enjoy some semi-homemade apple pie tonight!).
I thought I’d do a little recap of some of the foods I have enjoyed so far this month:
- Banana protein soft serve topped with almonds and fruit
- Vegan protein waffle with berries
- Easy vegan muesli with banana and extra almond milk
- Cinnamon raisin banana protein pancake
- Salted caramel chocolate protein shake
- Chocolate cherry shake from a cookbook I have
- Green smoothie made with romaine, spinach, cumber, mango, banana coconut oil and hempseeds.
- Buffalo chickpea salad from Happy Herbivore Meal Plan
- Mango black bean salad from local restaurant – I did my best to recreate it at home but the Zia version is just so much better, of course.
- Spinach salad with roasted brussels sprouts and chickpeas. Topped with miso-mustard sauce.
- Kitchen sink leftovers salad (any veggie that was going limp in the fridge + white beans) topped with honey mustard dressing.
Bonus – my post on how to love salads (which didn’t get enough attention the first time!)
- Miso mustard tofu with broccoli and potatoes
- Orange teriyaki rice bowl with broccoli and tofu (from Happy Herbivore meal plan)
- Chickpea tostada (I’ve also enjoyed black bean tostadas
- Basic tofu scramble with a side of potatoes
I really don’t eat tofu every day, though it certainly seems like it!
Whew – that’s certainly not an exhaustive list of everything I’ve eaten this month but it does a good job of capturing my day-to-day eats. Hope this gives you inspiration for some tasty plant-based meals. Have a great night.