Happy Vegan Mofo…I’m back! I still can’t figure out Windows Live Writer and my camera still won’t work, but I can post.
I’m back this morning with a quick and easy vegan breakfast – maybe you can enjoy it tomorrow? There’s no easier breakfast for a busy vegan than overnight oats (well maybe a Creamy Banana Shake?). They are prepped and ready in 2 minutes and provide a great grab-in-go breakfast for those hurried mornings. Plus overnight oats are endlessly customizable…just check out my recipes page for more ideas!
Almond Joy Overnight Oats (makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1-2tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 square dark chocolate, diced (optional)
- Sprinkling of sliced almonds
- 1-2tbsp toasted coconut (see below)
- Stir oats, chia and cocoa powder together.
- Add milk and stir until well combined. Add in sliced banana and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, top with chocolate, almonds and coconut (coconut can be toasted in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes or until browned).
I’m off to enjoy the rest of my weekend with some sweet Franco snuggles. Happy Sunday!!