Well I survived clinicals!
And I did not look this good by the end: 20 hours in 2 days plus 4 hours of driving will wreck even the best of us. 😉
It wasn’t easy, but I did enjoy it. Definitely dealing with a lot of gross stuff but it doesn’t really bother me at all. Even though I had cooked a bunch of stuff last Sunday, I failed big time and ended up eating sugar all day long to keep me going for my second shift and I felt like shit by the end. So I’m not going to do that again this week.
The weekend was nice and way too short (I work on Sundays so I only really have one day a week off from work/school). We ran errands, hung out with the animals and I dyed my hair dark!
I did more batch cooking today – learning from my mistakes last week:
- Cook less. This means less time in the kitchen + less dishes to clean. Win, win.
- Make food that travels better. My food I brought up to clinicals (1.5 hours away) didn’t keep too well and I didn’t eat much of it.
- Though pancakes are a great make-ahead item, you really can’t eat them without syrup. So this time around I made something that wouldn’t require a sugar bath every morning!
- Chocolate Zucchini muffins from Happy Herbivore Cookbook (whole wheat, low fat and made with a fruit and veggie!) to eat with my lunch
- Cinnamon-Raisin-Pumpkin seed granola bars from Everyday Happy Herbivore for breakfast along with a shake
- Texas white chili from Happy Herbivore Abroad for lunches to be served with green onions and a corn tortilla
- Quick bean burgers from Everyday Happy Herbivore to go with sweet potato and salad for dinners
- Cacao-Coconut powerballs (not pictured)
- Spicy Peanut Tofu Noodles for dinner (not pictured)
- Chia pudding with raspberries for snacks (not pictured)
- And for the husband: chicken, rice, sweet potatoes and banana walnut bread (definitely NOT whole wheat or low fat!)
It still sounds like a lot but only took me a fraction of the time as last week.
Well that’s it for now…I may be back soon or you may not hear from me until this week’s clinicals (and 2 projects plus 1 exam) are over. Regardless – have a great week!