AMAZING doesn’t even begin to describe it. This toast is easy, nutritious and melt-in-your mouth fantastic.
And yes, I’m posting a toast recipe. I came back after 4 months of radio silence to tell you how to make toast…but just trust me.
Amazing Coconut Banana Toast
- 1 piece bread (I used a great hearty whole wheat)
- PB or nut butter of choice
- Coconut oil
- 1 banana, sliced (not too ripe though)
- Toast bread, slather with nut butter so it gets all melty and dreamy.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in a skillet on medium. “Fry” banana slices in coconut oil until browned. Flip and fry the other side.
- Top toast with bananas and sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon.
This toast is amazing because:
Whole wheat bread provides steady carbohydrate energy for your beautiful body plus gives you tons of fiber as well as a healthy dose of some important B vitamins.
Peanut butter is a great source of protein and monounsaturated fats (said to be the belly-friendliest of fats). And even though “protein combining” for vegetarians is kind of old school nutrition, peanuts and whole wheat do combine to make a complete protein.
Coconut oil has positive effects on thyroid hormone and blood sugar control. Not to mention it can work in our body as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. It also helps with digestion and absorption of other healthy fats and fat-soluble vitamins.
Bananas add more fiber to the mix while also sneaking in potassium and providing much needed digestive enzymes to your gut.
Cinnamon is a great way to add flavor without adding calories. It’s great to have in the morning as it’s said to help keep blood sugar levels even.
It tastes really good, especially with a hot cuppa coffee.
So go on and make yourself some toast for breakfast or a snack! Old school is new school again.
Also, Rockie says hi and Franco’s bed is now his bed.