Hello! I actually have a bona fide recipe for you today. And it’s a good one! I’m submitting it to be featured in the new update of the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan, so wish me luck. This is a great dish to start making as Brussels sprouts and oranges come into season. But if I’m truly honest, I enjoy this combo year round because I can’t get enough. It’s great to make in big batches for lunch during the school/work week and puts a unique spin on the grain & bean combo that us vegheads love. Brussels Sprouts & Orange Quinoa Makes 3-4 servings and keeps well for a few days.
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 2 oranges, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 2tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Quarter and roast Brussels sprouts in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa on stovetop. (I have a rice maker that makes perfectly fluffy quinoa on the white rice setting, best investment ever!)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and voila. Yumminess at your fingertips.
3 servings is right around 400 calories of plant-based goodness. Let me know if you try it!